Re: nc4000 new bleutooth install (518 Views)
Occasional Advisor
CA1152567
Message 1 of 15 (788 Views)

nc4000 new bleutooth install

Hi, I just added intregated bleutooth to my nc4000 but it will not start. Anyone has this before? I installed the Bleutooth by HP found on their site, but the system can't find the adapter.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
CA1167788
Message 2 of 15 (788 Views)

Re: nc4000 new bleutooth install

Hi,
Assuming that the Blutooth module has been installed properly and cables are in place and the hardware is okay - The module needs to be initialized by software which will then be seen by the software - which can be done by turning on the wireless switch and then going into

In Windows 2000, click Start, Programs, and Software Setup, select the Bluetooth utility from the list of applications, then follow the onscreen instructions.

In Windows XP, click Start, All Programs, and Software Setup, select the Bluetooth utility from the list of applications, then follow the onscreen instructions

Keep us posted.

Prasad.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
CA1152567
Message 3 of 15 (788 Views)

Installation went fine for 100%.
After install I did wat you described, installing BT for HP. After install the BT is not recognized and software says there is no BT device. Maybe BT was DOA.
I read in one of the forums, some months ago that there was a way to go when installing the soft for BT, but I can't find this treat no more
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
JosephF
Message 4 of 15 (788 Views)

When you say "Added" do you mean you installed the bluetooth hardware or the software?

Remember, it's possible to get that system WITHOUT the bluetooth option. (Depends upon your system config).

That aside, there seems to be an issue with the 3.00C driver/firmware that results in the module not being recognized sometimes.
Press the wireless button OFF then wait 5 seconds, and then ON again and see if it initializes. (blue light should be on)

If not, did you have bluetooth working PRIOR to downloading the driver/firmware from Hp? If not, then you may not even have a bluetooth adaptor.
If it did, then it's likely the same bug/problem we've encountered.
---
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Clinton Tam
Message 5 of 15 (788 Views)

This is off subject.

Joe: You are needed on the following Post.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=664721

Clinton
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
CA1152567
Message 6 of 15 (788 Views)

I installed wifi minipc-card and bluetooth usb embedded hardware, and software. Wifi works fine, just the bluetooth won't. It seems that the system can not activate the BT chip or that the chip is not working. Problem is that I don't have a second one to test if it is my computer internal usb or BT chip who is bad.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
JosephF
Message 7 of 15 (788 Views)

Thanks Clinton for the heads up, totally missed that post lol. :)

In regards to the bluetooth chip not even being recognized, try this.
NOTE: This is for the person that just installed the hardware and has failed to get it to respond.

Disable the bluetooth AND wireless LAN (by pressing the wireless-toggle-button).
With the blue-light OFF, go to control panel and uninstall the "Bluetooth by hp" driver.

When it completes, SHUTDOWN the system.
Remove any/all External devices (including USB Mouse, etc).
When the system reboots, close any open programs, disable antivirus/etc, and close any programs in the system-tray (the bar by the clock) that will let you close them.
Plug in the AC Adaptor (if not already plugged in).

Next:
Install the following file:
(note, you may want to download this file prior to beginning this process):

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/download/20735.html

Eventually it will get to a point where it will say "No bluetooth device found...please insert it now and click ok".
At this point, press the wireless-toggle button. The light should turn BLUE. wait for about 15 seconds. You will see a popup for the new-hardware-detected-install-a-driver.
Ignore it. Just click the OK button in the Bluetooth installer.
It will automatically cause the WinXP hardware wizard to run etc.
Let it run to completion.

Did that work?
If so then your problem is with the new bluetooth driver/firmware. The link i provided about is the previous version.

Let us know if this works.
---
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
CA1152567
Message 8 of 15 (788 Views)

Thanks for your help, I tried it several times with installing and uninstalling like you discribe but without succes.
Strange is that on the end of installation proces my sytem is just there with the desk, no icons, no deskbar, just the desk and the picture on it and I have to cut off the system with powerbutton to reactivate it.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
JosephF
Message 9 of 15 (788 Views)

Well, i can confirm it's definately a driver/firmware problem. We've got a few systems exhibiting this problem, but installing as i listed above at leasts gets the module to be recognized, and after 5-6 toggles of the wireless module on/off, it wil ldetect the module proerly.
Booting the system with an external usb-device (such as a mouse) detected seems to make the problem worse....
---
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
CA1152567
Message 10 of 15 (788 Views)

Is there a solution or has the notebook has to go to hp garantee & repair service?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
JosephF
Message 11 of 15 (639 Views)

So far no word. a Likely solution would be some sort of firmware flash/update for the device.Best thing you can do is call up (via phone) Hp support and get the issue escalated to higher level support (unless someone here has information as to the progress of this?).You'll have to reference the phone-tech to these forums, but it is _defiantely_ a firmware/driver bug/problem, not a hardware defect.---
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
CA1102380
Message 12 of 15 (639 Views)

If the firmware update failed and the bluetooth card is not recognized anymore (in my case it's an 'unknown usb device') then in fact it's also a hardware problem or is there a way to reset the broken firmware back to its original version?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
JosephF
Message 13 of 15 (639 Views)

I'm sure this will sound off, but they could likely find a way to package the update with a bios update.

The reason i say that is oddly enough the device ALWAYS shows up in Linux and seems to function perfectly fine in Linux (suse linux 9.1).
Why, i don't know, but that's showing that the system (upon power-up) must be seeing some (perhaps unknown) usb device.

If the firmware is trully corrupted, then there may be a way to reset it back to default (as is usually the case, but not always).
Best we can do is wait for Hp to respond to an escalated case with a fix.
---
Please use plain text.
Advisor
CA1173611
Message 14 of 15 (639 Views)

Vansimpsen,

you state that you installed an integrated Blutooth module in the nc4000. Was this a Bluetooth by hp integrated module?

The nc4000 does not come with an option kit for Bluetooth, so it is not possible to buy an option kit for that system. If you purchased and nc4000, it is possible that there is no USB cable to connect the Bluetooth module to. Was there a cable or did you have to install one?

The WiFi would be easy to install since it is Mini PCI but, the entire system would have to be torn apart in order to install the Bluetooth module. This is why there is no option kit for that particular system; it is not user installable.

If the Bluetooth module was not a Bluetooth by hp module it won't work with the stack that you downloaded.

Regards,
Thomas
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dinesh100ni
Message 15 of 15 (518 Views)

can you share where i can found the internal blutooth device attached on the board on the nx6120 lap top, i have searched every where on the board of laptop but unable to finde blutooth device, actually my lappy's blutooth not working well, due to blutooth usb also not working, so i wants to remove blutooth device instead of disable it.

So could you please send me the screen shoot for the proper location of plutooth on the board of laptop.

Laptop model is nx6120.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation