how to boot nc6000 notebook from cd-rom? (2313 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (2,313 Views)

how to boot nc6000 notebook from cd-rom?

Hello all,
I have a nc6000 notebook and I´m not abe to boot it from cd-rom/dvd-rom.
I have gone into Setup notebook utility and I can only see two options to select boot secuence, Notebook Multibay and Notebook hdd. Is Notebook Multibay a valid selection to boot from CD-ROM/DVD-ROM?.
I have proved to boot from cd-rom/dvd-rom setting Notebook Multibay to first option in boot secuence but the computer doesn´t read WindowsXP cd-rom inserted in the device.
What can I do?
I have other notebook (Fujitsu) and in its Setup utility there is an specific cd-rom option to boot, reffered as "CD-ROM".
Why in hp nc6000 notebook doesn´t this specific option exist?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 4 (2,313 Views)

Re: how to boot nc6000 notebook from cd-rom?

You should be able to hit F9 to choose a boot menu and then choose CD ROM. Try that perhaps. F9 is the option for the newer nc models and should work for the 6000. i have a few 6000's in my office but can't get to them to try to confirm it right now. try it though, just after it says to press F10 for the BIOS.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (2,313 Views)

Jose
I have an Evo N610c, and setting it to boot from the Multibay allows me to boot from CDROM. I believe they refer to it that way because if you have no need for the CD at that point, you can plug in an extra battery into that slot as well. So give the Multibay option a shot and see what happens. :)
Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 4 (2,313 Views)

i had this problem. i checked my bios settings and they were all correct; boot from mutibay = enabled, multi bay boot = 1st choice & hard drive = 2nd choice.

i upgraded my bios from f14 to f15 and this solved the problem. the cd/dvd would now boot. the bios upgrade also gave a 3rd boot option of external hard drive (be sure to enable usb legacy support)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.