error 163 date and time not set (8623 Views)
Occasional Contributor
DAVID H
Message 1 of 8 (8,623 Views)

error 163 date and time not set

Does anybody know where in the bios you set the date and time back. Had to remove the cmos battery to remove power on password. Now can not set the date and time back
Valued Contributor
neil stober
Message 2 of 8 (8,623 Views)

Re: error 163 date and time not set

start > settings > timeand date ,
Occasional Contributor
DAVID H
Message 3 of 8 (8,623 Views)

It will not get that far. There has to be a setting in the bios to do this but I can not get it to work. I thank you for your response
Occasional Contributor
DAVID H
Message 4 of 8 (8,623 Views)

THIS PC IN QUESTION DOES NOT HAVE A VISTA IMAGE INSTALLED ON IT YET. NOT SURE IF THERE IS A WAY IN THE BIOS OR NOT BUT SHOULD BE FROM MY EXPERIENCE ON WORKING ON THEM
Occasional Contributor
DAVID H
Message 5 of 8 (8,623 Views)

I have figured out how to fix the problem. There is a vista restore cd and go to the command prompt and type date and u can fix the problem there.
Occasional Visitor
Boss Man
Message 6 of 8 (8,623 Views)

David H,

Sorry I am late in responding, but I have not been in town lately. Any who, you will need to get a windows 98 or windows ME boot disk and boot your laptop/desktop. Ignor all messages and once at dos promt, type the word "TIME" and set the time and hit enter. Then type the word "DATE" and then set the date. The words don't have to be in caps. Voila!!! you are all set.
Occasional Visitor
Lee Olson
Message 7 of 8 (8,623 Views)

Hi David

I had a heck of time getting my system back after changing system board. Received 163 error and continuous loop starting XP afterwards.

Finally modified the SATA MODE from enable to disable in the bios and was able to access XP and modify date in control panel.

Hope this helps
Occasional Visitor
Sansun
Message 8 of 8 (8,198 Views)

[ Edited ]

Modifying the SATA MODE from enable to disable in the bios worked for me. I have notice this in another Hp laptop and I did the same that time. It fixed the problem

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.