elitebook 6930p - wireless connection dropping (2550 Views)
Occasional Visitor
pfour nrus
Message 1 of 5 (2,550 Views)

elitebook 6930p - wireless connection dropping

Hi,

I have just recieved a elitebook 6930p laptop from work with intel(R) wifi link 5300 AGN .

but I observe that the wireless is dropping and it stays hanging saying e.g validating identity for my home modem.

appreciate any help

pk
Advisor
WJason Schaal
Message 2 of 5 (2,516 Views)

Re: elitebook 6930p - wireless connection dropping

Similar problem on EliteBook 8440p running Windows XPsp3 and all drivers from HP. Laptop connects to WPA2 wireless for 5 to 10 minutes, then disconnects for 5 to 10 minutes, then reconnects. Cycle repeats. Behavior observed on more than one 8440p.
Regular Advisor
Peter Dollar
Message 3 of 5 (1,116 Views)

I have this problem on XP SP3 too - tried both 12.4 and 13.4 HP drivers  as well as Intel 14.2 driver and result is same - drops, slow (varying during connection) speed, not able to connect sometimes 

all this while there was no problem on Vista. Intel link 5100agn, newest bios F1.A

Frequent Advisor
etienne
Message 4 of 5 (1,101 Views)

hello,

maybe the problem can be solved by means of a new router. I have a D-Link 615 router. This device is really great and I never encounter connectivity problems between this device and my Elitebook 8540p or smartphones of various brands or non HP laptops. It always works.

A few months ago, I received a wireless router (some stupid Chinese device)  from my internet provider. I tried it. A complete disaster.  The connection goes down too often in a regular internet session. When the laptop resumes from sleep mode or hibernation the connection remains dead. I have to switch off the router and switch it on again. Also connectivity problems between this device and smartphones ("Gateway does not react").

I do not have a solution for you at this moment, but at least i scetched a direction that might be more appropriate than changing drivers etc.

regards,

etienne

Regular Advisor
Peter Dollar
Message 5 of 5 (1,094 Views)

etienne thanks for advice but this is not the case this time, situation is similar on two completely different routers

contacted HP support, they  sent links with drivers, default system setting etc. all that applied (some other HP wifi driver there - v 14.2)  nothing changes, currently my connection speed still jumps and drops- connection dialog showing like down to 1mbit/s and the actual speed of browsing/downloading is even much slower, 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.