Re: display goes black if on battery (211 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Thomas0567
Message 1 of 3 (233 Views)

display goes black if on battery

[ Edited ]

Hello,

my EliteBook 8560w was working as expected. But since 3 days, the screen goes black after startup when I reach the login screen and I am on battery. If I have the power cable connected, everything is working.

Also, after booting on battery - if I connect the power cable, the screen comes back. If I am on battery and connect a second screen via VGA, I have a picture too.

What can be the problem, that I have no picture, when I boot on battery or disconnect the power cable?

Thanks, and best regards,
Thomas

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Toffy
Message 2 of 3 (211 Views)

Re: display goes black if on battery

[ Edited ]

Thomas0567

Please Change your Windows Power Plan settings  for the Video Card and battery mode

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Advisor
subir_d
Message 3 of 3 (174 Views)

Re: display goes black if on battery

To resolve the issue please download and instll latest BIOS update from hp site.

You can refer the web site mention below :

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?cc=us&cc=us&lang=en&lang=en&sp4ts.oid...

Note : Select the appropriate Operating system and install latest BIOS.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.