Re: compaq 6910 p battery not charging and windows xp not updating (139 Views)
Occasional Visitor
doc123
Message 1 of 2 (163 Views)

compaq 6910 p battery not charging and windows xp not updating

[ Edited ]

hi i am having compaq 6910 p , the battery indicator shows that the battery is charging but actually it is not.

i tried to update the driver of acpi compliant control method battery but it failed as my laptop is not updating itself.  during the update process it do not ask the question to connect to the internet. i am using windows xp service pack 2

thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS- This thread has been moved from Community Feedback to HP Probook, Elitebook,  Compaq,Slate category- Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Ronald
Message 2 of 2 (139 Views)

Re: compaq 6910 p battery not charging and windows xp not updating

Hi,

Check if the battery does charge when your pc is turned off. If it's still not charging, it will not be driver related.

If possible try another battery and another adapter.

You can also try updating the bios but do keep in mind that if the bios update fails while in the process of updating, the bios will be corrupt and your pc will potentially not boot anymore.

Regards,

Ronald

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.