compaq 2230s + connectify: wifi turns off when ethernet cable plugged in (1325 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Errol Tamayo
Message 1 of 3 (1,325 Views)
Accepted Solution

compaq 2230s + connectify: wifi turns off when ethernet cable plugged in

Wifi turns off automatically and I can't seem to turn it on no matter what. It'll only turn blue again when I unplug the cable. I need them both on so I can turn my laptop into a wifi hotspot with connectify, seriously please help me with this. Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (1,325 Views)

Re: compaq 2230s + connectify: wifi turns off when ethernet cable plugged in

Hi, Errol:

There is a setting in your BIOS which enables this feature. To have your wireless stay on when a RJ45 wire connection is made, just go into your system configuration and disable that feature if it is enabled. You must hit the F10 key after you make that change and then when you exit to save the settings you just changed.

This can be found in your system configuration menu in the BIOS. Disable the LAN/WLAN switching option.

Here is the link to your notebook's BIOS setup guide:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01607517/c01607517.pdf

Paul
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Errol Tamayo
Message 3 of 3 (1,325 Views)

Re: compaq 2230s + connectify: wifi turns off when ethernet cable plugged in

Thanks! Never would've guessed it was in BIOS setup.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation