brutal shutdown and feeling of high heat on Probook 6540b (687 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Roberto971
Message 1 of 2 (687 Views)

brutal shutdown and feeling of high heat on Probook 6540b

[ Edited ]

Hi all

I am working in a repair center an I am experiencing an issue I have never seen before.

System info :

Probook 6540b P/N WD685EA#AB6  I5-430M 15.6 2GB/320 PC CORE I5-430M 15.6 HD LED AG

First the system entered the repair center for an issue making the system powered-on but with no vidéo and with cpu-fan turning at high speed.

A system board have been replaced, since this time the video signal was recovered but the system still continue to spin the cpu fan at high speed and shut down. The thermal grease has been correctly applyed for précision and at each time. So the system board has been replaced again but with the cpu too. ->same problem occured. Then the system board has been replaced a last time->same problem occurs.

I have noticed that a chip near the cpu genarate a very high heat and seems to be the graphic integrated card. I dont't understand this because of the fact that HP did not equiped this chip with dissipator and that this is the third one that I have changed.

Could someone help me please ??

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Walter Schoelzel
Message 2 of 2 (67 Views)

Re: brutal shutdown and feeling of high heat on Probook 6540b

Hello Roberto971,

on my desk i have a HP6540b with exact the same symthomes than yours.

This thinks i did already:

Clean the Notebook

Change the memory

change the HDD

but nothing works.

The Notebook Processor heat starts at 43° and goes up to 98°.

Could you fix the problem.

Greetings

Walter

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation