Re: Where is the Wireless Capability Switch? (3201 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Rick Sam
Message 1 of 6 (5,628 Views)

Where is the Wireless Capability Switch?

My Compac 8510p is not picking up the wireless signal from my modem. My other notebooks receive the wireless signal. The message tells me to "Turn on wireless capability switch" (usually on front or side), or use the "function key combination".
My 8510p has no switch on front or sides. What is my function key combination to turn on the wireless capability?

Thanks,
RS
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (5,628 Views)

Re: Where is the Wireless Capability Switch?

Hi Rick,

There are 4 switches on the top of the keyboard, the 3rd one from left with an antenna symbol is the switch for wireless. Please try this.

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honored Contributor
DDBrunnenmeyer
Message 3 of 6 (5,628 Views)

Rick...

Front in this context usually means the front edge. In this case, however, it means the top, where the keyboard and the touchpad are located.

The first big button on the left, just above the keyboard, is the power button. To the right are three buttons. The radio/wireless button is the second of those, the one in the middle of the three.

It's thus the 3rd, not the 4th, button.

There are other buttons in that row, way over to the right. Those aren't the ones.

Say thanks with hP point, please. :-)
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 4 of 6 (5,628 Views)

>> It's thus the 3rd, not the 4th, button.

I did not say the 4th switch.

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Occasional Visitor
Rick Sam
Message 5 of 6 (5,628 Views)

Thank you to Everyone who replied. I found the wireless capability switch. It is not a button, but a touch-pad type switch. Thanks all of you who helped point me in the right direction.

RS
Occasional Visitor
joeyC
Message 6 of 6 (3,201 Views)

On my Elitebook its above the keyboard on a strip with associated led.s I cliecked the illuminated led to toggle. I though it was just an led. Thanks -- clues work too!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.