WIFI connectivity problem with HP Probook 4540s (228 Views)
Occasional Visitor
RoufZargar
Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)

WIFI connectivity problem with HP Probook 4540s

[ Edited ]

I am facing wifi connectivity issues with my HP Probook 4540s. The issue has worsened since i upgraded to windows 8.1. Its very annoying, though the wifi icon in taskbar shows better signal strength (4 Bars) but when i ping any site in cmd prompt, It says "Request Timed Out". Once i take my laptop very very near to wifi router, the connectivity resumes. But if i move again a few yards away from modem, it loses the connectivity again. The issue happens with my HP Probook 4540s only as I have a HP mini with windows 7 which works fine even at 20 Metre distance from router. I sought help from HP support assistant but all in vain. Any help in this regard is welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS- This thread has been moved from Community and Feedback to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE - Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Toffy
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: WIFI connectivity problem with HP Probook 4540s

RoufZagar

Check your Bios Version and made a update

deactivate every time the Virusscanner for updates

Check your WLAN with inSSIDer 3.1.2.1

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

Post your WLAN Card Name Broadcom?

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation