Re: Ultraslim Docking Station Line In not recognizing Headset Microphone (507 Views)
Occasional Visitor
karwong
Message 1 of 2 (515 Views)

Ultraslim Docking Station Line In not recognizing Headset Microphone

I recently bought a HP Elitebook Folio 1040g along with the Ultraslim Docking Station. I have Windows 7 OS

I have a Logitech headset that has both speaker and microphone jacks.  When I plug it into the docking station line in and line out jacks, I can hear the audio through the headset, but the microphone does not work on Skype.  I have selected the Line In option in the Skype settings, but it does not recognize the headset microphone.  The microphone only works through the Internal Microphone Array on the notebook, not the headset. 

Can you let me know if there is a setting I need to change on my notebook to recognize the Line In from the Docking Station?

HP Pro
soccer_dan
Message 2 of 2 (507 Views)

Re: Ultraslim Docking Station Line In not recognizing Headset Microphone

If you have not done any updates, i would encourage you to first do that. Download and run SDM (www.hp.com/go/sdm) and update the BIOS first (if needed) by itself, and then any other h/w driver it may show as needing to be updated. If that does not solve the problem, can you tell

* what devices and/or settings do you see when you click on the speaker icon on the bar and selecting Recording Devices?

* Is lin In maked as green? does it have a green checkmark as the selected input device? 

* does it work when plugged in directly to the laptop?

I work for HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.