Uefi boot mode and Bitlocker (1050 Views)
Occasional Visitor
DanielMrkos
Message 1 of 1 (1,050 Views)

Uefi boot mode and Bitlocker

Hi,

I am responsible for installing a lot of NBs (Probooks, Elitebooks) in many companies. Everyone needs faster boot time (something native uefi boot should improve) and activated bitlocker is sometimes a requirement.

I have Elitebook 8540w notebook in our testing lab and want to install Windows 7 x64 in uefi boot mode and later (after installation) activate bitlocker. I understand, that preboot authentication is not supported right now (with UEFI boot mode activated) and so it won´t let me activate bitlocker (it says something about unsupported BIOS, when I try to activate it).

My first question is, when it will be supported for HP notebooks?

Second question is, will you add support for older NBs with UEFI boot mode option (6735b, 8540W etc.)?

Thank you for your answer. 

PS: I like improvements in IT stuff and so it would make me very happy to install Windows in "supported" UEFI boot mode (with GPT partition and other improvements).

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation