TC1100 Tablet modem (96 Views)
Esteemed Contributor
Les Ligetfalvy
Message 1 of 1 (96 Views)

TC1100 Tablet modem

[ Edited ]

I find that the modem built in to the tc1100 cannot negotiate as good a speed as the one in my Evo N610c laptop. I usually get 28.8 on my Evo laptop and never have problems with IP connectivity. On my Tablet PC however, I will often have difficulty negotiating a 28.8 connection and when I get anything less than that, while it can connect, often nothing will work. I can't even ping anything when it is at its worst. Sometimes I can connect at 28.8 but then later all IP functionality dies.

Everything is setup identically on my Evo and my tc1100. I live far from the telco CO and have no other option but to RAS in. Am I doomed to poor reliability with this Tablet PC or does someone know of driver update or modem init string to solve this?

I have XP/SP2 on both my Evo N610c and my tc1100. I also have a W2K Dell with an external MultiTech modem and usually negotiate 26.4 with it. I know I have a line problem but I am stuck with it. I could not even get a USR 56K External modem to get a dialtone. Moving is not an option.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Windows based to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE.
-HP Forum Moderator

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.