Slate 2 - Need Customer Service/Repair Contact for service issue (82 Views)
Occasional Visitor
rescu2000
Message 1 of 1 (82 Views)

Slate 2 - Need Customer Service/Repair Contact for service issue

[ Edited ]

Is there any way to contact someone in the United States (like at the Memphis repair center) about an issue? I purchased a slate 2 last month. I recieved the unit the week before Christmas. The screen had "dead spots" all over it where it would not detect finger touch. So I called and customer support said to send it in for repair. I mailed it off on December 31st.

Prior to mailing it, the lady from the service center asked me to make sure there was no damage to the unit. She said that any damage would be repaired at my expense. So I was very careful to look the unit over. As one would expect with a brand new unit that had hardly been turned on, there was no damage.

So I mailed it off to Memphis in the box HP provided, which was extremely secure and cushioned. The Memphis service center replaced the screen and sent it back. I got it back on Friday the 4th. I then discovered that the silver bezel around the screen had been broken right at the keyboard button where it is very thin.

It was late Friday so I waited till Monday to call. I was then told that the supervisor had approved sending the unit back for repair and a new box would be sent out. Nothing came. No email or anything. So today (a week later) I called back. I was then told that the case had been opened and then closed because the service tech who replaced the screen said that the bezel was broken when they recieved it.

I am sure the technician is just trying to cover their rear end. As thin as the bezel is at that point I understand how easy it would be to break when replacing the screen, so I wasn't upset about it being broken. I am very upset that the company will not repair their damage to my tablet. Is there any way to see WHEN the tech noted the damage? Was it before or after I opened the repair ticket for the bezel?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.