Screen Goes Black/Blue Randomly When on Battery Power (641 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Nicholas Carosella Jr
Message 1 of 3 (641 Views)

Screen Goes Black/Blue Randomly When on Battery Power

[ Edited ]

I do not use my Compaq NX7400 laptop on battery power much but over the past month or so my screen has sometimes gone white, black, or blue while using my laptop on battery power.  It happens randomly and not every time I use it on battery power.  I have also noticed some momentary flickers.  All other functions, including sound, still work normally and I have not had any problems on AC power.

I just replaced this battery a few months ago (it is OEM) as the other one had lost its charge since I was always on AC power (this new battery is not installed when the computer is on AC power).

Is this a laptop issue or a battery issue?

Regular Advisor
topmahof
Message 2 of 3 (615 Views)

Re: Screen Goes Black/Blue Randomly When on Battery Power

when it's on battery, are you moving it around when it changes color or is it sitting on a table.   

TC-4400 windows 7 ultimate-xppro dual boot
NC-4400 windows 7 ultimate-xppro dual boot
a bunch of thinkpads
Occasional Contributor
Nicholas Carosella Jr
Message 3 of 3 (600 Views)

Re: Screen Goes Black/Blue Randomly When on Battery Power

When it happens the laptop is either on a solid surface or is in my lap when I am not moving.  I've tried to give the machine a little shake to see if there are signs of a loose connection but nothing has happened.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.