SIM card in Compaq 2510p (4131 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Sergio Sanguinetti
Message 1 of 4 (4,131 Views)

SIM card in Compaq 2510p

I've got Windows 7, purchased a SIM card with broad band internet access, installed it on the SIM port, enabled my WWAN, started HP Connection Manager, but it's still not detected...
How can I enable the SIM port? Do I need to unlock the SIM port to accept any SIM card from any company? Is it just for Versión or just for USA?
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (4,131 Views)

Re: SIM card in Compaq 2510p

Hi,

You need to talk with your provider who supplies the SIM card. My understanding is you have to stick with one contract for a while unless this is a pre-paid SIM (similar to pre-paid mo/cell phones).

How do you do with your normal cell/mob phone ?

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Occasional Visitor
Sergio Sanguinetti
Message 3 of 4 (4,131 Views)

Hi Quang,

I currently use a huawei modem (it's like a pen drive with the SIM card). When I use the chip on the huawei modem, I have no problems. But when I insert the chip in the SIM port on my laptop, it won't do anything... as if the SIM port didn't exist.
Is it just for USA or Verizon? Can I use this port with any SIM card?

Thanks for your interest
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (4,131 Views)

Hi,

I don't live in the US, in my conutry (Australia) I have to talk with my provider when moving from USB "dong" to the SIM, they have to activate something at their end. The SIM itself is useless.

Hope this helps
BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.