Re: Replacement display for Armada 1750 laptop (102 Views)
Advisor
Chap McGaughy
Message 1 of 4 (102 Views)

Replacement display for Armada 1750 laptop

[ Edited ]

I have Armada 1750 with a cracked lcd panel and want to replace it. I've been looking for a part but the prices are more than I am willing to pay so I've been looking on ebay. Mine is a 13.3" lcd. I see more listings for Armada 1700 than for the 1750. I think the connectors would fit ok but will the display work correctly? Is it possible to use a 12" or 14" display assembly instead on original 13" and have it work correctly?

Please give me your opinions and any experience you have had in this. I will appreciate it. And thanks.

P.S.This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards>general to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE- HP Forums Moderator

Advisor
Chap McGaughy
Message 2 of 4 (102 Views)

Re: Replacement display for Armada 1750 laptop

OK, I found a 14" display assembly for 1750 on ebay and will receive it soon. I will let you know if it works (or not?)
Honored Contributor
Bill McNAMARA_1
Message 3 of 4 (102 Views)

It should work. I've put 15X0 monitors of all sorts into a 1540D without bother. Even some third party ones from Toshiba work in them..
On the bright side, if it doesn't work, it is very easy to sell them on ebay again... mind you, I even sold my broken lcd on ebay, someone was looking for the elecronics parts (inverter and grid cables)

Good luck,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Advisor
Chap McGaughy
Message 4 of 4 (102 Views)

I installed a 14" display and it seems to be working fine. Thought you might want to know.
Thanks.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.