Replace hard drive cable in Compaq 2510p laptop (1342 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kevin Corrie
Message 1 of 4 (1,342 Views)

Replace hard drive cable in Compaq 2510p laptop

I recently had the hard drive cable in a 2510p fail. I was able to remove the cable from another laptop and repair the original laptop, but now I'm stuck with another 2510p with a bad hard drive cable. I called an HP parts salesman and he informed me that the cable is not available alone but is available with the purchase of a new hard drive. A new hard drive is very expensive, so I wonder if anyone can point me to a third party vendor or any other source that I may be able to get this cable from. Any help is much appreciated.
Respected Contributor
Alex woonings
Message 2 of 4 (1,342 Views)

Re: Replace hard drive cable in Compaq 2510p laptop

Hey Kevin,

I hope this can help you, but I found

in the partlist a "Cable kit" for the

2510P. The partnumber is 451722-001

The problem is only that I cannot find out

what cables are exact in this "partnumber"

Goodluck, and let me know.

Alex
Occasional Visitor
Kevin Corrie
Message 3 of 4 (1,342 Views)

A Google search for that part number found multiple shops that carried that part. I checked several of them and they all say the kit is an audio cable and bluetooth module cable. Thanks for looking in to this for me, but it's not what I need.
Occasional Advisor
Marc I.
Message 4 of 4 (1,342 Views)

you can find a OEM cable here:

http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/588-42811-8128/UPH-For-Laptop-Hp--HDD-Cable---OEM.html

not fine quality, but it works ;-)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.