Re: Replace CMOS Battery (398 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Patrick Allin_1
Message 1 of 5 (405 Views)

Replace CMOS Battery

I have a Armada 7360 laptop and need to replace cmos battery, how do I do this, thanks
Honored Contributor
jerry chin
Message 2 of 5 (398 Views)

Re: Replace CMOS Battery

Hello Patrick,
You will need a torx driver to remove all the screws on the bottom which holds the keyboard and switch assy, all one piece, which plugs into the motherboard. Once you remove the top assy, you will see the multi-cell cmos battery pack. They have them for sale on Ebay if you need one. Jerry
Go Ahead, There's Always Bankruptcy Later
Advisor
CA1224094
Message 3 of 5 (398 Views)

I think all you need to do is remove the 2 screws that hold the modem cover from the bottom of the system. You will then see a round orange battery stuffed into the corner of the system, you will need to pull this out carfully and then un-plug the connector from the system. Reverse to install new battery.
Honored Contributor
Simon Poulton
Message 4 of 5 (398 Views)

Greg what are you on about orange battery?
Might be on the M700 and similar but not on this one.
On this model the CMOS battery is located next to the main battery pack plugged directly into the motherboard. The battery type is rechargeable NiCD and is a series of 6 cells. You have to remove the entire top panel to do this:
Remove all screws from bottom
Push screen back as far as it will go
Lift the top cover up being careful around the top right corner as that is where the connector is
Remove top cover completely
Locate the green CMOS battery just above the main battery pack bay
Advisor
CA1224094
Message 5 of 5 (398 Views)

Sorry, Simon is correct, I mis-read the model. My reference is for the M700 Armada and not the model mentioned in the original post.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.