Re: Remove HP System Diagnostics UEFI (519 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Peter Jam
Message 1 of 2 (580 Views)

Remove HP System Diagnostics UEFI

I installed HP System Diagnostics UEFI (SP52407) on my Elitebook 8530p running Windows 7 enterprise 64-bit.

I wish to uninstall this program if possible as it is making my System Image backups fail.

The new partion created by this program is FAT 32 and Windows 7 will not back it up, only NTFS.

When I click on create new system image it says the following drives will be backed up:

(C:smileyhappy: (System)

HP_tools (F:smileyhappy: (System)  with no option to remove this.  And if I chose my own backup same thing.

So can I uninstall it somehow? (does not show up in Programs) or should I just delet the partion?  Not sure that will help either.

Regular Advisor
Cmp_Cmndo
Message 2 of 2 (519 Views)

Re: Remove HP System Diagnostics UEFI

That's how Windows7 backup functions.  There are many backup tools that work better.  Try Macrium Reflect.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ProBook 4530s-XU015UT#ABA, Intel Core i3-2310M, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, WDC WD3200BEKT-60PVMT0 (7200rpm), Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.