Recovery Discs for HP Compaq 6910p (1864 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Hubert Klepacki
Message 1 of 3 (1,864 Views)

Recovery Discs for HP Compaq 6910p

I'm trying to create recovery discs for the notebook but when I use HP backup/recovery manager to create them, I get this :

1."Cancelling in progress. Recovery disc creation will resume where you left off in this process. The next time you start the program". The next time I start the program, I get the same message.

2.I tried creating ISO images but after clicking Next, a window briefly appears and then disappears, taking me to the first screen.

Is there a way of resolving this ? Or might as well order the discs from HP ?

HP Compaq 6910p running Vista Business
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (1,864 Views)

Re: Recovery Discs for HP Compaq 6910p

Hi:

I can't help you with the creation of recovery disks, but I have ordered restore disk sets many times from HP for business desktops and notebooks.

It will cost you $10.00 but IMO, it is money well spent. Here is the procedure:

1. Write down the part number and serial # on bottom of the computer on a white tag. The model # is an HP-Compaq 6910p, but the part number will be found on that white tag below the serial #.

2. Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option).

3. Provide the info asked by the rep that answers the phone. Some just ask for the serial #, some want both, or they will just want the serial number and type of computer (6910p).

4. Have a Master Card or Visa ready for purchasing. They don't take Discover.

When I ordered a restore disk set last month, I was charged $10.00 for the shipping method by 1st Class Mail. For an additonal $10.00, you can have them delivered next day by FedEx shipping. I wasn't in a hurry. I just wanted them someday if and when I needed them. I think they came in 2 or 3 days.

Paul
Occasional Contributor
Hubert Klepacki
Message 3 of 3 (1,864 Views)

Re: Recovery Discs for HP Compaq 6910p

thank you. This was helpful. I ordered the CDs.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.