Random blank screen on startup, Long wait for sleep wake up, ProBook4540s (374 Views)
Occasional Visitor
preo
Message 1 of 1 (374 Views)

Random blank screen on startup, Long wait for sleep wake up, ProBook4540s

Hi, 

Not a major issue but slightly annoying. I updated AMD drivers/catalyst as recommeneded when I installed "borderlands2 game" on my ProBook4540s. In the same session windows 8 automaticly updated something.

I then noticed that every third time I turned on or woke the laptop it would hang on a blank black screen for quite a while and sometimes I would have to hold down power button to turn it off and try again. It is also quicker to restart the laptop then it is to put it to sleep and return. Sleep used to take about 30seconds it now takes 2minutes.

I have tried restoring to before I did the update but the restor fails.

I have also tried uninstalling the AMD driver and using the older one but then the GPU isnt detected.

Now I have upgraded to win8.1.... (lost finger scan, but thats another problem). The laptop is running smoother and I'm happy with it but the problem still exists. Long time to power on, sometimes hangs and sleep is usesless... Actualy it just occured to me that sleep is not working properly as it shuts down the programs too.

Is it possible that the new AMD drivers are fighting against the intel graphics options?

Why do I have both AMD and Intel graphics software?

Thanks for your help

Preo

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.