RE: Can HP increase it's inventory for faster customer delivery? (404 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Residentx10
Message 1 of 6 (404 Views)
Accepted Solution

RE: Can HP increase it's inventory for faster customer delivery?

[ Edited ]

I got some issues. How do I get integrated into HP so I can give new products feedback and help give inputs for future products?

I ask this question for several reasons.

1. HP Source - They have no products in stock in the mobile workstations except for eltiepads and that doesn't include the accessories. Basically, I can't give customers the best experience with HP products. How do i get HP to carry more inventory in its North American Warehouses? 10-15 business days from China is just too long.

Another example, why is the productivity Jacket promo offered but so back ordered(-246), I basically have to buy the product at full price to get it to my customer. Do you think you should pull the promo offer if you can't fill it within a reasonable amount of time or give credits on the non-promo ones for customer goodwill?

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3464E92A98562930!1195  

Another example, how long does it take to update the HP Source when new skus are offered? In my mind, I would want to have the skus updated first in the system and then announce it to field. Example, HP Elitepad Sleeves.

2. More Compelling products. Why does the consumer groups get the 2-n-1s? I'd like to sell those to enterprise customers. Why wasn't the Revolve made into a 2-n-1? This product is so expensive. I'll recommend a low end 8770w before the revolve. The revolve doesn't even have a discrete graphics card!

Why is HP still offering dial up 56k/v.90 PSTN connections with their mobile workstations?

About the monitor, why wasn't the elitepad designed to work with this product? This is a perfect situation. How many laptops have you had where the monitor/display failed but the computer/CPU was still good? This is a no brainer...you need to apply more commonsense to product development.

3. Why doesn't the attachment button work?

Why the rant? I had a customer who's laptop died. If they use me, they won't get a solution for 2-3 weeks. Why would they want to do business with me?

Honored Contributor
David_Schwartzs
Message 2 of 6 (376 Views)

Re: RE: Can HP increase it's inventory for faster customer delivery?

By the way this post is written, it sounds like you're a reseller - so why so much concern with HP Source's stock? There's four major distributors in North America that carry substantial inventory of popular SmartBuy SKUs... and if you're having customer satisfaction issues, are you working with your Partner Business Manager and/or territory PPS sales reps to escalate resolutions as necessary?

I agree with you on the Revolve - the price point is completely wrong, it's double the price of Lenovo's Twist on average, it's poorly positioned. Honestly, I have a Twist and I hardly ever use the touch function, I'd be just as happy with something like the HP Folio 9470m (which I love because it's the only Ultrabook I know that has a full size VGA port I don't need a dongle for!)

By the way, if you're a reseller / service provider looking for some help building your HP business and getting more "integrated" with HP, I've worked in the channel doing HP business development for VARs for nearly 7 years now, and I'm currently looking for a gig... :-)
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
Frequent Advisor
Residentx10
Message 3 of 6 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi David,

I am a reseller. I signed with HP Source because I thought this would be faster than dealing with the other three(Tech, Ingram, Synnex). I just want to move products not learn every middleman's processes.

They way things are going now. HP source will be a stepping stone to one of the bigger three.

Honored Contributor
David_Schwartzs
Message 4 of 6 (362 Views)

Unfortunately, the money in this industry is in the middleman processes...

As a reseller, there's nothing that prevents you from working with HP Source, Ingram, Tech, Synnex, and D&H all at once, and buying where it makes sense based on price and inventory.

In truth, HP Source doesn't keep nearly as much stock on hand from what I've seen versus the distribution channel. And I also find that each distributor is different as to which particular SKUs it has in stock - many times there'll be a SKU that's well stocked at one disti but no where to be found elsewhere.

Anyway, I can't really expand much beyond this answer because then you start to get into the territory of proprietary information (keeping in mind this community isn't all channel reseller or HP employees), but if you want to have a further discussion about how to best work with HP and make money with HP, feel free to send me a private message and we can arrange a conversation.
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
Frequent Advisor
Residentx10
Message 5 of 6 (327 Views)

You make good comments. I like the 360 view you have. I was told by HP that when I enterprise certify, I'll have to use one of the three. Are you certified with HP? I got my elitepad today and I love it.

Honored Contributor
David_Schwartzs
Message 6 of 6 (319 Views)

I definitely have a bit of background, yes. I sent you a private message with a bit of my background and some general advice, and my contact info should you want to go into further details.
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.