Probook 6550 can not access netware server via wireless (183 Views)
Occasional Visitor
pbruschi
Message 1 of 1 (183 Views)

Probook 6550 can not access netware server via wireless

I have a new HP Probook 6560b that has been downgraded to Windows XP sp3 .  When I try to login to Netware server via wireless I receive the message that a Tree or server cannot be found do you want to login locally.  When I select yes the system logs into Windows successfully and the wireless is working fine on the laptop because I receive a DHCP IP address can surf the web witout issue.  I tried another laptop without the Novell client and it connects to the wireless without issue every time.

The access points all have WEP enabled with a 128bit encrypted code. 

Things I have tried.  I disable the internal NIC and 1394 network adapter, I set the 802.1x authentication to 180 and raised the server tried from 5 to 10 all without success.  The Wireless card is from Broadcom and the access points tested are from D-Link and Apple.  I have client 4.91 sp5 installed.  Does any one have any idea how to get the laptops to login via the Novell client.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.