Re: Problem imaging 9470m Ultrabook with SRT technology (2479 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Dale Hiser
Message 1 of 5 (2,676 Views)

Problem imaging 9470m Ultrabook with SRT technology

I have recieved 2 new 9470m Ultrabooks with SRT and am unable to successfully put our standard image on them. We use 2 imaging processes and both fail. We use Altiris DS 6.9 (Ghost) and Microsoft MDT. Both systems appear to put the image on the drive. The MDT fails immediately after copying the bits to the hard drive while trying further tasks.

Altiris seems to copy the image to the drive as well but I get a BSOD on boot. I believe teh driver causing the problem is disk.sys.

I've made sure I have the latest storage driver (same version as on the factory image) injected during imaging.

I believe the SRT is the cause of this problem but I cannot turn it off. If I change the BIOS setting to AHCI  I cannot see the drive.

I cannot get into windows to do any investigation as I get a BSOD with safemode as well.

Regular Advisor
Nikhil_HP
Message 2 of 5 (2,639 Views)

Re: Problem imaging 9470m Ultrabook with SRT technology

Could you let us know the version of Windows that you want to install on the unit?

HP Service Media Library
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/index.html
Occasional Visitor
Dale Hiser
Message 3 of 5 (2,630 Views)

We are trying to install Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Visitor
firstframe
Message 4 of 5 (2,582 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi guys

try this:

Delete RAID in RAID config, but keep RAID-setting in BIOS! unplug the SSD, install OS with MDT. When OS is installed, install "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" from HP driver site and follow figure 5 - 8 from attached PDF. After these steps, you should see the cache disk in the RAID config.

This worked for me without any problem..

Regular Advisor
HaiTNguyen
Message 5 of 5 (2,479 Views)

I don't know whether you have any OS on the ultrabook yet, mine come with FreeDOS and I have to install it from fresh. I dont use any image, but the bootable Win8 USB. I don't use RAID, and eliminate the use of SRT. I then can install OS on either HDD or mSata SSD. I'd like to try the SRT, but honestly I don't know how to enable it. When I tried to create RAID, Intel Rapid Storage Technology only allow me to create volume at the double size of mSATA, that not what I want. If you know how to do it, please share with me. I will give it a try to take advantage of SRT.

Thanks,

Hai

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.