ProBook 6565B - No Battery Is Detected (693 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Chrishuff1
Message 1 of 3 (693 Views)

ProBook 6565B - No Battery Is Detected

Brand new laptop and I am getting this message right off the bat. What gives? I see many posts about such an error but no solid solutions. Anyone?

Occasional Visitor
Chrishuff1
Message 2 of 3 (630 Views)

Re: ProBook 6565B - No Battery Is Detected

Wow, what a load of crap. I'll never buy another HP product again if this is the service I can expect. Faulty equipment and lack of support? What a joke.

HP Pro
soccer_dan
Message 3 of 3 (628 Views)

Re: ProBook 6565B - No Battery Is Detected

I understand how you feel when things do not work properly right off the bat. Just know that the laptop has (typically) a 3 year warranty (1 year in some cases) and you should be calling HP Support for any issues you feel require it. Unless you option HP's Long Life Battery with a 3 year warranty, the standard Lithion-Ion batteries can only be warrantied for one year

Now, if you still have issues with the battery not been seen or not charging, sometimes batteries can be discharged so fully that they not respond properly to charging systems. HP released a BIOS update for the 6565b AMD laptop to should handle these deep discharge situations and recover the battery. It is version F.41 releases in May. Please, update the BIOS and see if the battery restarts its normal operaion. If it does not, please call HP support and have the battery replaced

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

I work for HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.