Presario F500 wont boot! (825 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ozrial
Message 1 of 1 (825 Views)

Presario F500 wont boot!

The laptop I have is the Presario F500, s/n: CNF7320WWR, p/n: GG199PA#ABG

Several months ago I had the classic f500 not booting syndrome.
I could hear the fan start up. But after a second or so the lights would go out on the laptop. Come back on and continue to attempt to reboot over and over.

I have been searching through the HP forums regarding this problem and found out that its quite common with this model. Most solutions to the problems according to the forums concluded how the Presario F500 had factory faults, particularly the wireless lan and the booting problem (I have both problems).

Here's a link to one such post:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Home-PCs-Pavilion-Presario/Presario-F500-died-on-first-boot-after-I-bou...

I live in Fiji (Asia Pacific Region) and I bought my Compaq Presario F500 from Brisbane, Australia while I was there on holiday. It is not covered under warrantee as it expired 1 year after I had bought it. 

I am under the impression that this particular model and the concerned problems are in the list qualifying for a free repair, my question is, what can I do as I am in Fiji at the moment? Please help or clarify!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.