No sound- HP 625 Notebook PC (5007 Views)
Occasional Visitor
tsharky
Message 1 of 6 (5,007 Views)

No sound- HP 625 Notebook PC

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have HP 625 Notebook PC and set up windows 7  Porf. 64bit on it. At the beginning the sound was good and I could get sound from system hoperlor as well. However, after the installation of IDT driver (the original drivers) and some other drivers. I could not get any sound from the system hoperlors. Audio output/jacks have not any problem. I tried to reinstall windows drivers or to do any setting in in windows but it did not help.

Hope you may help me.

Best Regards.

Taner

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
ironcoog
Message 2 of 6 (4,798 Views)

Re: No sound- HP 625 Notebook PC

Hi tsharky, take a look at our document on troubleshooting sound issues with Windows Vista:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00833257

I work on behalf of HP
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Guy_
Message 3 of 6 (3,995 Views)

maybe you shoudl change the defaul device of the playback devices to the intern sound devices..

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
aprilspies
Message 4 of 6 (1,249 Views)

i read through this, i have windows 7 pre loaded on my hp. my speakers also suddenly stopped working, the troubleshooter in windows found nothing wrong, and i can't find anything wrong at all...i was going to try to use the recovery manager but that doesn't exist on my computer either. can anyone give me any actual help or should i just throw this POS into traffic and never purchase another HP product again as long as i live? the sad thing is that i purchased this with my student loan money as i needed a computer very badly for school, this was all that was available through my school's bookstore and i'll be paying back the loan for this piece of trash for 20 years. thanks for the rip off.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Humankolos
Message 5 of 6 (841 Views)

I have that problem too, but changing the default device has no effect.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mikedeedigan
Message 6 of 6 (593 Views)

If you have an HP625 with no sound from internal speakers. First check if the SD card reader works. If not you may need to download driver for same. This solved my sound issue. Cheers Mike.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation