No Wi-Fi contact in MSIE (100 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Matthew DeCoursey
Message 1 of 1 (100 Views)

No Wi-Fi contact in MSIE

[ Edited ]

I have a Mini-Note 2133, bought in Hong Kong a month ago. It has Vista. IE works with a wired broadband connection, but in Wi-Fi it cannot connect to any website. Mozilla Firefox works fine on Wi-Fi. I would simply forget IE and use Firefox, except that my work e-mail is on Outlook, and Firefox can't read it.

When I start up IE with the Wi-Fi connection in and showing on Vista, it reports "You are offline." If I type in a URL, it gives me the dialogue box for "Dial-up Connection." It reads "Connect to:" and only "Broadband" is listed. It can produce a few web pages, including Yahoo Hong Kong, but I believe these are cached. When I move to another page, it gives me "The web page you requested is not available offline. To view this page, click Connect" and I get the "Dial-up Connection" dialogue box. Meanwhile, I am writing on Wi-Fi in Firefox at this moment.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Handhelds – iPaq to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.