No Wi-Fi contact in MSIE (82 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Matthew DeCoursey
Message 1 of 1 (82 Views)

No Wi-Fi contact in MSIE

[ Edited ]

I have a Mini-Note 2133, bought in Hong Kong a month ago. It has Vista. IE works with a wired broadband connection, but in Wi-Fi it cannot connect to any website. Mozilla Firefox works fine on Wi-Fi. I would simply forget IE and use Firefox, except that my work e-mail is on Outlook, and Firefox can't read it.

When I start up IE with the Wi-Fi connection in and showing on Vista, it reports "You are offline." If I type in a URL, it gives me the dialogue box for "Dial-up Connection." It reads "Connect to:" and only "Broadband" is listed. It can produce a few web pages, including Yahoo Hong Kong, but I believe these are cached. When I move to another page, it gives me "The web page you requested is not available offline. To view this page, click Connect" and I get the "Dial-up Connection" dialogue box. Meanwhile, I am writing on Wi-Fi in Firefox at this moment.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Handhelds – iPaq to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation