Re: Mobile Workstation 8510w using TFT LP3065 30" inch (80 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Jens Scheffler
Message 1 of 2 (80 Views)

Mobile Workstation 8510w using TFT LP3065 30" inch

[ Edited ]

Hi After I got the new mobile workstation 8510w I attached this to my existing 3-in-1 NAS docking station and purchased a LP3065 30" inch tft by HP.

The product documentation of LP3065 shows that the notebook is capable of providing a dual link DVI signal and is compatible with the monitor.

When I attach the monitor to the docking station I also see that the display configuration panel in XP SP2 shows a 2560x1600 pixel option (which is missing with any other panel or monitor attached).

Unfortunately when I try to use the standard resolution I get strange colors on the panel but am not able to get a correct signal. I tried both cables (dual link DVI cables) which were shipped with the monitor and all three input ports but no difference.

When going back to a resolution of 128x800 the display works and shows a scaled view of my OS. so the panel in general is working. I also had other panels attached to the docking station before.

Has anyone had a similar experience? how can I fix this? Are the both products not compatible as it was stated in the documentation?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Board>Windows based to  Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Ronny Horgen
Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)

Re: Mobile Workstation 8510w using TFT LP3065 30" inch

Hi, you should always use the last graphics driver that HP provide. Update your driver, and look for a setting like "dvi reduced blanking" or "Reduce DVI frequency" You don't tell if you got an 8510w with ATI or Nvidia graphics, but I'm quite sure both should have a setting like this. We had to check this setting on a 6910p connected to a lp2065 with DVI. You can also have a look here: http://www.playtool.com/pages/home/index.html
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation