Microphone playback/echo not enabled in elitebook 8440p (3153 Views)
Trusted Contributor
Karthik Rao
Message 1 of 2 (3,153 Views)

Microphone playback/echo not enabled in elitebook 8440p

Hey guys,

I am using a HP EliteBook 8440p. I am running the original Vista Enterprise OS on it. It comes with the IDT Audio codec driver. Since there isn't a line-in option in the laptop, i want to use External mic port for recording purposes. I will be needing to hear what is input to the mic. i.e., enable microphone playback/echo/feedback

For ex, if i sing using the Mic, i should be able to hear my voice or listen when i plug in my guitar.

There is only Line-in option in "Levels" tab of Playback Speaker configurations in Sound Settings and no microphone option to mute/un-mute.

I have looked through the online and itrc forums as well. Few posts were having solutions for other HP Laptops with similar issue which had few REgistry editings and downgrades of audio driver.

Unfortunately, i have not been able to find a solution for this laptop.

Kindly help me out in the same.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik Rao

Occasional Visitor
Arsen
Message 2 of 2 (3,055 Views)

Re: Microphone playback/echo not enabled in elitebook 8440p

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm using Win7, but think Vista should be the same, since the functionality you request has been there since Win95 :)

If you go to  your mic's properties in the Sound control panel applet, there will be a "Listen" tab which has the "Listen to this device" tickbox. Just tick it :)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.