Laptop Won't Boot Up - What is the "Lightning Bolt?" (12822 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Gabriel Avalos
Message 1 of 3 (12,822 Views)

Laptop Won't Boot Up - What is the "Lightning Bolt?"

My Compaq NX6110 is less that 6 mos old. Today when I pulled it out of the case I carry it in, I noticed the lightning bold was lit on the front of the computer by the other LED lights. It was the only one on. I believe this has something to do with the bettery... When I tried to turn it on by hiting the power button, nothing happened. I plugged it into the wall, but still - No power. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!

Gabe
Honored Contributor
jerry chin
Message 2 of 3 (12,822 Views)

Re: Laptop Won't Boot Up - What is the "Lightning Bolt?"

Hello Gabe,
The lightning bolt is the battery lite. The various options are as follows:

1)Amber means a battery pack is charging.

2)Green means a battery pack is almost fully charged

3)Blinking Amber means that the battery pack is very low in charge. When the charge reaches its critical low level, the light blinks faster

4)Off means that the laptop is connected to an external power source and that the battery is fully charged

I would try removing the battery pack and trying to power it just with the ac adapter. If ok, replace the battery. If still nothing, you may have a bad ac adapter or bad power supply board inside the computer. Jerry

4)
Go Ahead, There's Always Bankruptcy Later
Occasional Visitor
Nawin
Message 3 of 3 (12,742 Views)

Re: Laptop Won't Boot Up - What is the "Lightning Bolt?"

Hi,

I had the same problem with my HP COmpaq NX6110. I tried changing the CMOS batteries and the main batteries. Nothing worked out.

This problem is mainly because of coolant adhesive between sink and the chip(Motherboard & CUP) turned bad. Put new coolant  adhesive on it and restart the Machine.

-Nawin Singh

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.