Internal Microphone not working (453 Views)
Occasional Contributor
MR_6
Message 1 of 4 (453 Views)

Internal Microphone not working

[ Edited ]

Hi,
I have a Compaq 610 and since few days my internal microphone is not working. I was trying to use it with skype it didn't work.
I checked every where possible and I didn't find something wrong.
I removed skype but still the same problem, the microphone is not detecting any voice/sound.

I have the latest driver installed from HP website.

Any advice please.

Regards

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. - HP Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Ronald Postma
Message 2 of 4 (453 Views)

Re: Internal Microphone not working

Hi,
Them problem may be in the volumecontrol settings in Windows, not in Skype, maybe you microphone has been muted.

Depends a little on your OS where it is, but you can find it in you control panel -> Sounds and audiodevices (In windows XP) In the audio tab click advanced under Volume and you can see volumecontrol settings, also for recording.

Regards, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
Occasional Contributor
MR_6
Message 3 of 4 (453 Views)

Hi Ronald,
Unfortunately not, I checked this also.
I have Windows vista by the way.

Thanks
Occasional Visitor
Craig Schamel
Message 4 of 4 (453 Views)

Hello,

My HP Compaq 6735 Business Notebook's microphone has ceased working as well. No problem with the mute/volume settings that I can detect. Does anyone else know what might prevent the microphone from working suddenly? I did a system test on the microphone and the test did not pick up voice vibration.

Thanks
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.