Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919 (13529 Views)
Occasional Visitor
R Bruin
Message 1 of 5 (13,529 Views)

Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919

Hi, I have a 6730b which I have downgraded to Win XP. Since then I see in my hardware configuration an exclamation at Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919 I have search a driver for this, but can't find one. Does anybody have a similar problem? What is the Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919 doing in this laptop?

Cheers,
Peter
Occasional Visitor
Mark B. Johnson
Message 2 of 5 (13,529 Views)

Re: Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919

Hi,
I have got the same problem. 6730b downgraded to XP and no drivers for Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919. Do you have also problem with brightness control (Fn- f9, f8) while XP is loaded ?
MarK
Occasional Visitor
Species 8472
Message 3 of 5 (13,529 Views)

Hi Mark,

I have solved the problem (I am the same guy as above) I can't reproduce exactly how I handled the situation, because it was my MILs laptop, and I brought it already back to her.

You have to go to hardware configuration and double click on the yellow exclamation. Then you have to click the button for installing the driver. After a while there will be asked for a cd-rom of a company named Infineon with the driver. If it is oke, you can see the name of the driver required in the field. This driver you can find on the driver cd-rom which was supplied with the laptop. Search for it with the search option in explorer. I believed it was in a folder named misc2 or something.

Good luck,
Peter

If you can find the driver, I have to go to my MIL and see on her laptop for the right driver

Occasional Visitor
Mark B. Johnson
Message 4 of 5 (13,529 Views)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help!
This device name is 'Infineon Trusted Platform Module' and driver is located on
swsetup\ptesm\disk1\win32\tpm driver\ifxtpm.inf

Anyway I still have problem with brightness control using Fn key.
Regards
Mark

Occasional Visitor
Wonderer2010
Message 5 of 5 (13,529 Views)

Peter,
Do you know what LPC 2919 is intended for?
Is it necessary?
Is ifxtpm.inf the correct driver info for this device?

I just downgraded a DELL XPS 1640 to WinXP Pro and it shows same issue.

Vista boot shows the driver as msisadrv.sys (sytem32) for this device. I wonder if I can use the same file for XP?
Regards,
SF
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.