Hp Envy 14 Spectre Internet (76 Views)
Occasional Visitor
jeniineko
Message 1 of 2 (76 Views)

Hp Envy 14 Spectre Internet

Hi,

I just got this computer last month and have had zero problems with it. I don't download anything besides the updates and school information off of black board. I use this computer mainly for class work and my thesis and have windows 8 on it. 

Last night my internet worked and when I went to shut down I chose 'shut down and update'. Today, my computer will not connect to the internet. I know its the computer because my phone, nook, and roommates are having no problem. I can't shut off the router because I live in on campus housing.

It'll show that its connected, but won't load any pages. Following instructions online, I restarted my computer several times, uninstalled antivirus software, and as a last resort, uninstalled updates and when that didn't work, restored my computer in the hope that it would work so I can finish my thesis. Now the internet just says limited. 

Anyway, what would you suggest? Is there any wireless drivers I can install that might fix the problem, or is it the physical computer? Do I need to buy anything? 

I'm really stressed out, since I'm currently using my old computer which was much less money, is much older, and has never had a similiar problem. Mainly, because I really wanted to spend this time on my thesis, not fixing my computer.... =/

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Toffy
Message 2 of 2 (56 Views)

Re: Hp Envy 14 Spectre Internet

[ Edited ]

Jeniineko

I Think the problem is the public network access

You can fix over the windows network center.

Or us the manual

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation