Hp Compaq 8510p touchpad issue!! (626 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Tuomas Martikainen
Message 1 of 3 (626 Views)

Hp Compaq 8510p touchpad issue!!

Hello!

My notebooks touchpad stopped suddenly working. Neither the touchpad or the pointstick are working. The mouse keys arent working either. The device manager shows that everythings ok, but the mouse just doesnt move.

I also have a bluetooth mouse from dell. And they worked together just fine until yesterday. I dont know if I hit somekind of hotkey to stop the touchpad from working. I went thgrough the BIOS settings and there wasnt anything about the touchpad, so I dont think its disabled from there. I have the newest BIOS and I have reinstalled the drivers many times now. I also uninstalled the dell drivers and tried to reboot with the bluetooth and the dell mouse disabled, even then it just wont work.

In mouse settings under device settings (with the synaptics logo), the devices field is blank. And the enable and disable keys are grey. I think the problem has something to do with that.

Has anyone had similar problems. I have done everything I can to get the touchpad working again with no results. Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tuomas
Occasional Visitor
Jürgen Kajdocsy
Message 2 of 3 (626 Views)

Re: Hp Compaq 8510p touchpad issue!!

Hi,

seems like i have the same problem somehow. my touchpad never worked on the 8510p. tried to install the drivers from the support site, now i can see the synaptic tab in the mouse-preferences, but there are no devices listed - see attachment.

@Toumas - have you been able to fix your problem??
Occasional Contributor
Tuomas Martikainen
Message 3 of 3 (626 Views)

Re: Hp Compaq 8510p touchpad issue!!

Hi again!

I took my computer to be fixed and it turned out that the touchpad was broken. So they installed a new touchpad to the computer and the mouse came back to life again. :)
In my case it was a hardware problem. Works like a charm now.

Regards

Tuomas
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.