How to test and fix internal charging circuit on HP Elitebook 8530w motherboard? (248 Views)
Occasional Visitor
IJsbrand
Message 1 of 1 (248 Views)

How to test and fix internal charging circuit on HP Elitebook 8530w motherboard?

Hi,

I have some serious battery problems. I recently bought a new battery, but my laptop (HP elitebook 8530w, Windows 7 Pro 32 bit) wont charge it. It gives the status: 'plugged in, charging', but it does not charge the battery.

What I already did:
- Test battery on different operating system
- Tested another battery, which is fully functional on another HP elitebook, but fails to charge on mine.
- Plugged my battery in another HP elitebook, there it charges to 100%. So the problem is not the battery itself.
- Tried another laptop AC adapter
- Updated the BIOS
- Removed and re-installed the battery drivers in Device Manager
- The routine where you remove the battery, shutdown the laptop en push the power button for 30 seconds.

- Calibrated the battery

I guess I'm out of luck and my charging circuit on my motherboard is broken. How can I test this, and if really broken, how can I personally fix this?

Kind regards,

IJsbrand

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation