01-17-2014 03:14 AM
I have some serious battery problems. I recently bought a new battery, but my laptop (HP elitebook 8530w, Windows 7 Pro 32 bit) wont charge it. It gives the status: 'plugged in, charging', but it does not charge the battery.
What I already did:
- Test battery on different operating system
- Tested another battery, which is fully functional on another HP elitebook, but fails to charge on mine.
- Plugged my battery in another HP elitebook, there it charges to 100%. So the problem is not the battery itself.
- Tried another laptop AC adapter
- Updated the BIOS
- Removed and re-installed the battery drivers in Device Manager
- The routine where you remove the battery, shutdown the laptop en push the power button for 30 seconds.
- Calibrated the battery
I guess I'm out of luck and my charging circuit on my motherboard is broken. How can I test this, and if really broken, how can I personally fix this?
10-28-2014 11:49 AM
I have the same problem with a Pavilion M6-1045dx. I really want to know how to test my MB, because I tried everything that IJsbrand said before and none of that solutions have worked for me.