How to reset fingerprint owner's password for HP 6735b after clean reinstallation (1939 Views)
Paa
Collector
Paa
Message 1 of 2 (1,939 Views)

How to reset fingerprint owner's password for HP 6735b after clean reinstallation

Hi,

After reinstalling Vista, I cannot use Fingerprint Reader. When I try to register my fingerprints Credential Manager says that the Fingerprint Reader security mode had been initialized outside of the current instance of the Credential Manager and to enter Fingerprint System owner password. But if I do not know the original owner password, I must reset Fingerprint Reader through BIOS.

So I enabled Fingerprint Reset on Reboot, after reboot I accepted by pressing F1 and that did something. HP ProtectTools application lunched itself on log in to Vista, but the Credential Manager still ask me for Fingerprint System owner password.

How can I reset owner password to Fingerprint system?

Occasional Visitor
anarchy99
Message 2 of 2 (1,785 Views)

Re: How to reset fingerprint owner's password for HP 6735b after clean reinstallation

got the same situation on my 6735b, BIOS reset to default security settings didnt do anything even after the system board replacement.

if one having this bug on it's system still wants to use fingerprint login method it is possible to use DigitalPersona software, and it's even possible to enroll fingerprints in HP ProtectTools Security Manager bypassing the fingerprint system owner password (confirmed on vista and windows 7) but i'm not gonna share that information here

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.