How to recognize Bluetooth model on 8560w? (248 Views)
Occasional Contributor
mikolajek
Message 1 of 3 (248 Views)

How to recognize Bluetooth model on 8560w?

I own hp elitebook 8560w and just made a clean system reinstall. Windows does not recognize any bluetooth devices, even though there is a bt module on board.

However, I cannot determine what type it is. I looked into BIOS and found the following reference: QDS-BRCM1043, which suggest Broadcomm module. But SoftPaq Download Manager does not suggest installing Broadcomm bt drivers but insted offers Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth 4.0+HS Driver.

How can I tell which one is correct?

HP Pro
soccer_dan
Message 2 of 3 (220 Views)

Re: How to recognize Bluetooth model on 8560w?

i would send a question on this to the SDM team, directly from the SDM tool itself. it collects asset data and sends your feedback. you should get a response pretty quiclly. You can also look at the asset file SDM collects to see what it found on your laptop
I work for HP
Occasional Contributor
mikolajek
Message 3 of 3 (216 Views)

Re: How to recognize Bluetooth model on 8560w?

Thank you! I've just did so and hope they will clear the situation for me.

I went through "DetectHardwareDevices" section of the log but it hasn't give me necessary answers. It's exactly the same I found in AIDA64 before but neither of those named my BT device :(

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.