HP is now repairing my laptop TWICE for battery not charging issues! (386 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MercyfulFate
Message 1 of 3 (386 Views)

HP is now repairing my laptop TWICE for battery not charging issues!

And I am absolutely livid. First, my ProBook 4540s was reading "The Smart AC Adapter is not functioning correctly" and "Plugged in, not charging" on the taskbar. I went through every attempted fix online that I could find and nothing worked, so I made a support ticket and sent it in for repairs.

They sent it back (after a huge pain in the ass because FedEx showed up a day early at 8am when I wasn't home and I had to wait another day to get it from the shipping center a 20 minute drive away) and claimed they replaced the "System Board" (guessing that means motherboard) and the problem was fixed.

Well, until today, it was. So now I'm extremely angry that this is happening twice, and I call the special number they gave me in the box to contact if I had any problems again. The guy sounds totally disinterested and claims it will be fixed "this time" because it goes to his department and not the apparently sub-par one it went to last time! The fact that first time repairs go to a crappy service department is a huge issue on it's own.

Instead of being able to use the box it was returned to me in, I'm told the structural integrity can't be assured so I have to get this one being sent to me (which will likely be delayed due to snowstorms) so that's a longer wait. The fact that I have to lose my laptop AGAIN for another week when I NEED it is absolutely unacceptable! One repair is bad enough, this is two and I have no confidence it will work this time either!

I am disgusted with HP right now, and told the guy if it doesn't work this time I want all my money back and I'm going to buy a much better laptop. I am beyond angry, I can't even explain this.

Occasional Visitor
MercyfulFate
Message 2 of 3 (344 Views)

Re: HP is now repairing my laptop TWICE for battery not charging issues!

Who wants a fun update?!

Laptop went to the Texas repair facility for a second time for the not charging issue. Well I got it back today and it says they replaced the AC adapter.

Guess what? THEY FORGOT THE AC ADAPTER! IT WASN'T IN THE BOX!

So now, I'm livid. It also went in for the screen bezel unsticking from the left side which of course they didn't fix either.

I spent AN HOUR on the phone with HP being stonewalled. "We'll send the AC adapter that's all we can do" as I kept escalating for a replacement. This this is clearly defective, my girlfriend's AC adapter still doesn't work in it.

Is HP a joke? I absolutely wasted $650 on this thing, and they refuse to replace a clearly defective product AND they screwed up and totally forgot my AC adapter. I can't believe this. It's like a bad dream, it really is. What am I supposed to do now? Throw it in the trash and got drop more money on a better brand?

If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I'm at my wit's end here.

Occasional Visitor
MercyfulFate
Message 3 of 3 (329 Views)

Re: HP is now repairing my laptop TWICE for battery not charging issues!

[ Edited ]

I am now locked in a struggle with HP to give me my **bleep** AC adapter and power cable back since the repair depot essentially stole it.

The company I bought the laptop from has been nice enough to allow me to return this defective computer, but I can't return it without the power supply that HP will not give me.

Instead of just sending me what I asked for, they tried sending a battery. This is insane, I can't believe HP survives day to day like this. No one talks to each other or does what is needed. I mean the repair depot in Texas that has my power supply can't send it to me, they make me call a center in India that cannot understand why I need the AC adapter! It's like HP is run by an insane asylum. Why is there not someone at the repair center that can just send me the thing THEY FORGOT TO INCLUDE?!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.