Re: HP Slate 2 and Windows 8 (171 Views)
Occasional Visitor
daperezident
Message 1 of 4 (181 Views)

HP Slate 2 and Windows 8

I cannot for the life of me get a consistent wi-fi connection.  I have downloaded all versions and no matter which version is installed, after a few minutes, the yellow exclamation mark comes up and I have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for it to work again.  It is a vicious cycle and my Slate 2 basically collects dust b/c I cant use it.  Will Atheros and/or HP ever put out an update to correct this issue or did I waste hundreds of dollars for nothing??  I've even tried compatibility mode, using Win7 and XP, but the same thing happens.  Any advice??

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
soccer_dan
Message 2 of 4 (178 Views)

Re: HP Slate 2 and Windows 8

Although Windows 8 has been known to work "OK" for some people, it is not a supported operating system by HP and therefore there is not a lot of info for it on the web. It has to do with the technologies Microsoft requires to fully exploit Windows 8 features and screen capabilities which the Slate 2 does not work well with.

Having said that, i would try to run SDM and install the latest BIOS and drivers into a Windows 7 install prior to doing an 'upgrade' to Windows 8. That might help

I work for HP
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
daperezident
Message 3 of 4 (171 Views)

[ Edited ]

SDM is the download manager, correct?  I don't have my Win7 OS so is there anyway I get get HP to send me a link to reinstall it?  Everything else works fine for me so if I could find a solution for the Wi-Fi issue, I'd be extremely happy!!  I will try what you said, tho but if it doesn't work, I certainly hope a patch or update could be made to fix it.  I've noticed a lot of Slate owners with the same issue posting online.....

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
soccer_dan
Message 4 of 4 (171 Views)

Yes, you can contact HP support and with the s/n of the device, ask for a media to be delivered to you. There might be a shipping charge

I work for HP
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation