HP Probook 6540b doesn't boot. Black screen and caps leding continuously (416 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Fernando Martinez Rodri
Message 1 of 3 (416 Views)

HP Probook 6540b doesn't boot. Black screen and caps leding continuously

Hi,

I have updated Bios on a Probook 6540b to lastest version. I downloaded lastest bios (F21) and updated without problem. It restarted, a bios update program appears and do the work successfully. The next restart... It doesn't boot. It turns on . All the leds are ok except Caps that is flashing continuously. There is nothing on the screen and no success pressing F10 or Esc or any other. I have tried removing HD, DVD, Memory, Wireless card without success. It doesn't turn off pressing the power button so I must remove the connection.

Any help, please.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Slider774
Message 2 of 3 (397 Views)

Re: HP Probook 6540b doesn't boot. Black screen and caps leding continuously

Hate to say it but if the caps lock or caps lock and numlock key are blinking then the Bios update didnt take. 

you can try these couple ideas about recovery.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01670688&lan

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Fernando Martinez Rodri
Message 3 of 3 (382 Views)

Re: HP Probook 6540b doesn't boot. Black screen and caps leding continuously

Thanks for information Slider774 but it didnt work for me. Tried with the keys combination named on the document without success. Maybe because the doc is not for this model.

Thanks anyway for helping. If you have any other idea please let me know. The laptop is broken and it is very sad because it is not a bad laptop.

best,

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation