HP Probook 470 G0 - ralink wireless card 470 not working in windows 7 image (1264 Views)
Occasional Visitor
important
Message 1 of 2 (1,264 Views)

HP Probook 470 G0 - ralink wireless card 470 not working in windows 7 image

Wireless works fine connectining apart from when I cannect to a cisco router within a business. I've been told it's beacuse the encrytion is WPA2 AES? Not sure if this is the reason or someone just guessing ??

I am using windows 7. When I've re-imaged the laptop with windows 8 it works fine but windows 7 won't have it. I can't have windows 8 installed as my company won't allow it.

HOW do I get the ralink rt3290 to work with cisco routers.

The computer model is HP Probook 470 G0

Product Number is : HOVO7EA#ABU

The wireless card will connect to all wireless connections except for my business cisco router using wps-2 AES encrytion using windows 7 OS. Windows 8 re-image works fine.

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Toffy
Message 2 of 2 (1,229 Views)

Re: HP Probook 470 G0 - ralink wireless card 470 not working in windows 7 image

Install for windows 7 HP Software Framework

New Bios and drivers

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=5350450&spf_p...

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation