Re: HP Probook 4540s - Please enable FIXED MODE for switchable graphics? (2314 Views)
Occasional Visitor
HuyNX
Message 1 of 6 (2,654 Views)

HP Probook 4540s - Please enable FIXED MODE for switchable graphics?

I have HP Probook 4540s with 7650m 2GB card, with newest bios ver F40.

I dont know about swithable graphics before, now I stuck with this

I want to use laptop for play movie though hdmi and use hd3d (amd) for 3d movie with stereoscopic player

But laptop only have Dynamic Mode, so always use intel hd4000 (i have set High Perfomance)

I dont want to use intel hd4000 anymore, I want always use amd 7650m

Can you have a BIOS/ Graphics Driver with Fix Mode for graphics card?

Thanks

M_I
Occasional Contributor
M_I
Message 2 of 6 (2,565 Views)

Re: HP Probook 4540s - Please enable FIXED MODE for switchable graphics?

I second the demand!  We're not interested in all this switchable graphics business, we want full control... HP, Please provide a BIOS update like you did for other HP notebooks. Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
DamnedinBlack
Message 3 of 6 (2,463 Views)

please realse fixed mode for probook 4540s

Occasional Advisor
mdabir
Message 4 of 6 (2,438 Views)

Please HP Please enable FIXED MODE for ProBook 4740s. Switchable graphic doesn't work at all now.

Frequent Visitor
chaushev
Message 5 of 6 (2,373 Views)

I would like to inform you that I have the same issue and request. Because of the inability to set a fixed GPU my hp 4540s does not wake from sleep. I consider myself an advanced user and I can asure you that I have read and tried everything on the INternet and in my knowledge. Disabling switchable graphics fixes my issue but leaves me with the Intel HD graphic that I dont really need. I wish to express how dissatisfied I am with HP's drivers in general. I had so many issues with graphics, battery, touchpad etc. I had to go through a lot of procedures of installing, uninstalling, formating etc etc to finally set my laptop. I would apreciate if you consider your customer request and release a hot fix for the switchable graphics.

Occasional Contributor
khytr89
Message 6 of 6 (2,314 Views)

[ Edited ]

my 7650m works 7/24  :) (only AC)

my solution

I unstalled old drivers with CCC (Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> AMD Catalyst Install Manager -> Full Remove ) after install;

My Computer - Right Click - System Properties -  Device Manager - Display Card 

Amd Mobility Radeon HD 7500/7600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2) + Yellow Exclamation

Right Click - Update Driver and Select New Driver in Amd driver folder (C: AMD -> AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta -> Packages -> Drivers -> Display -> W86A_INF)...

CCC not installed but it's working excellent ;) [cinebench 32fps] and sleeping mode problem solved ;) + DirectX 9C games use 7650m (Test: GTA Vice City - Control: AMD System Monitor) + Gpu Acceleration (Test: Splayer + Sony Vegas)

if cinebench or aida64 error you install =>

1) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\VC12RTx64\vcredist_x64

2) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\VC12RTx86\vcredist_x86

if windows experince index error "windows media decoding/encoding performance"

1) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\WMVDecoder64

2) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\WMVDecoder

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.