Re: HP Probook 450 G1 network adapter (2255 Views)
Occasional Visitor
RichardBrummelk
Message 1 of 5 (2,327 Views)

HP Probook 450 G1 network adapter

Hi there,

Last week I bought a two new Probooks 450 G1. Unfortenately, I've got a lot of Wifi problems with these machines. Wifi drops out continually. I've tried to install latest drivers, but the problem still occurs. Nothing seems to help. Don't have any problem with my other machines.

So I searched on the internet and found out that there are more people with the same problem. Is there any solution? Is it possible to replace the network adapter for another one under warranty? If yes, which network cards are supported?

Kind regards,

Richard Brummelkamp

The Netherlands

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Toffy
Message 2 of 5 (2,292 Views)

Re: HP Probook 450 G1 network adapter

Richard

Please Post your Windows Version and WLAN Card name

and Update your Bios

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?cc=us&cc=us&lang=en&lang=en&sp4ts.oid...

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Vogon_Jeltz
Message 3 of 5 (2,255 Views)

I've sold 4 ProBooks 450 g1 that had WiFi problems. They all had mediatek WiFi card. I mannaged to solve problem for now.

You will need to install connection manager Hotkey support and then WiFi drivers. I did not try new drivers from

http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/ but you could give it a try. 

Hope this helps. I am still waiting for official HP solution to this problem. And btw, while this will solve WiFI connection issue you might experience crazy behavior from WiFi on/off button (blinking from blue to orange, orange always on, unable to turn wifi off and so on).

Please use plain text.
Visitor
bhekman
Message 4 of 5 (2,088 Views)

Try the latest drivers, you can find them at the FTP site, solved my problem with connection drops!

ftp://wln45070:ck*BE3qv@ftp.usa.hp.com

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Toffy
Message 5 of 5 (2,060 Views)

new Mediatek drivers

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDispl...

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation