HP ProBook 4540s - does not wake up from sleep mode (4058 Views)
Frequent Visitor
chaushev
Message 1 of 6 (4,058 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP ProBook 4540s - does not wake up from sleep mode

I have pretty much tried everything I could find on the Internet or what I know. Narrowed down the problem to the switchable graphics. Seams like WIndows cannot properly choose what gpu. When i try to wake up the screen is blank though the hdd led is flashing and when pressing buttons on the keyboard I can hear windows sounds. I have newest drivers from both Intel and AMD. All windows updates, all drivers and needed software from the HP driver site. Double checked for correct verions, 64bit etc etc. I have tried to disable windows hibernate, i have tried to do hard reset, I have tried pretty much all power plan, hp power assistant, switchable graphics options including the one in bios (I can only enable or disable switchale graphics) (for some reason I cannot choose a fixed GPU?!?!?!) I have also checked for updates through HP SUPPORT assistant. I have tried save mode. I went trough all windows options I could think of. Tried different power plans, ati catalyst (worse piece of sowtware ever) options etc. Nothing seams to work. I would appreciate any help from HP.

Frequent Visitor
chaushev
Message 2 of 6 (4,005 Views)

Re: HP ProBook 4540s - does not wake up from sleep mode

Will I get some sort of answer from HP? I have just spent 400 euro for your product and I seam to have a problem with it. Would you take a minute and consider at least reading what Ive asked?

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 3 of 6 (4,001 Views)

>Will I get some sort of answer from HP?

This is a peer to peer forum, not an official HP support site.
Have you tried contacting the HPSC?
http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

Occasional Contributor
khytr89
Message 4 of 6 (3,989 Views)

[ Edited ]

I unstalled old drivers with CCC (Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> AMD Catalyst Install Manager -> Full Remove ) after install;

My Computer - Right Click - System Properties -  Device Manager - Display Card 

Amd Mobility Radeon HD 7500/7600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2) + Yellow Exclamation

Right Click - Update Driver and Select New Driver in Amd driver folder (C: AMD -> AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta -> Packages -> Drivers -> Display -> W86A_INF)...

CCC not installed but it's working excellent ;) [cinebench 32fps] and sleeping mode problem solved ;)

if cinebench or aida64 error you install =>

1) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\VC12RTx64\vcredist_x64

2) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\VC12RTx86\vcredist_x86

if windows experince index error "windows media decoding/encoding performance"

1) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\WMVDecoder64

2) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\WMVDecoder

Frequent Visitor
chaushev
Message 5 of 6 (3,965 Views)

[ Edited ]

What you told me to do fixed the problem. Anyways, I have formated and reinstalled a fresh copy of windows 7 64bit + all drivers from their website. I have only installed the AMD driver that is given on HP's driver website and did not install the INTEL driver. All works fine - normaly wakes from sleep etc. What I noticed is a drop in windows experience index though. It used to be 5.6 ...now 5.2. I have downloaded and isntalled latest drivers from AMD website and index went up to 5.7 but SLEEP problem came back. So - the problem is the new AMD drivers. Avoid them!

Occasional Visitor
mAhmoud88
Message 6 of 6 (394 Views)

use the updated driver here 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69001-69500/sp69094.exe

it solves the problem completly 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.