HP Power Assistant Software - Usability Issues (7292 Views)
Advisor
J.Zaun
Message 1 of 3 (7,292 Views)

HP Power Assistant Software - Usability Issues

I'm curious if anyone has experience using the HP Power Assistant utility available from the download drivers and software website (available here).  I'm currently using a 8440p with Windows 7 32-bit and enjoy having additional power management options beyond what comes with Windows.  However I have found the HP software to be very slow to respond when changing power profiles.  The software also has crashed on me several times.  Most recently, I received the following error message, which I have no idea how to interpret.  I have attached a screen capture image of this error message. 

If anyone has any similar experiences, please share.  Otherwise any advice would also be appreciated.

Secret of Life is to enjoy your pain. Ouch, yes. OUCH, YES!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
J.Zaun
Message 2 of 3 (7,178 Views)

Re: HP Power Assistant Software - Usability Issues

FYI

I've found the solution to my problem.  It had to do with having the correct HP Power Data update installed.  I discovered the version I had first installed was the most recent update of the HP Power Data install package (for all of HP), however the most recent update did not support my laptop (8440p).  I verified this from the information on the install package website, under the "Release Notes" tab.  So I went back to the driver and software download page for my laptop and looked up the most recent install package, and found the recommended version was indeed older than HP's most recent update.  And that version did support my laptop.

After reinstalling both HP Power Assistant (just in case) and the correct HP Power Data install packages, the tool is now working much better without significant lag.  I also checked the Event Viewer log and noticed countless error messages occurring prior to installing the correct packages, and afterwards only a few.  The few errors that still appear in the Event Viewer logs are much more benign, being sourced to HP Power Assistant Service and attributed to a ".GetPanelBrightnessPercentage()" tag.

And I can live with that. :manwink:

Secret of Life is to enjoy your pain. Ouch, yes. OUCH, YES!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
aansari7
Message 3 of 3 (5,075 Views)

HP Power Assistant Software - Usability Issues

i have download hp power assistant latest version and my pc configuration is intel i5,win 7 home premium 64 bit.my model num is hp g 62 notebook,i am having problem during running this software its showing missing file or corrup file and cant show the duration remaining.please do comments.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation