HP Compaq 6720s "The HDA Audio bus driver required and not found" (2207 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Brundo Medic
Message 51 of 58 (2,148 Views)

Re: HP Compaq 6720s "The HDA Audio bus driver required and not found"

Rehan,

the link from my post written on the Nov 28 is still working and pointing to the same content as some weeks ago.
Occasional Visitor
Viktor Illeš
Message 52 of 58 (2,148 Views)

i can understand that my book is of a different model, but these ethernet cards inside are almost all the same.. after a two-day reinstalling my sound finally started to work, i don't even know how did i do it, but anyway, the ethernet still does not seem to work.. i even flashed my bios but besides the fact that it was already the same date as the one from HPsite, it did not change anything..
Occasional Visitor
Juan Llares
Message 53 of 58 (2,148 Views)

I have a device, as unknown.

How can I know wich driver I missed.

In HW administration I can see:
ACPI\HPQ0006\2&DABA3FF&0
Occasional Visitor
Adrian Padureanu
Message 54 of 58 (2,148 Views)

hello i have the same problem with the ethernet
when i connect the network cable i receive the error "limited or no connectivity"
the driver is from hp.com
i try to reinstall the win xp with sp2 same problem
i attach a print screen from event viewer
this is the error i receive when i connect the network cable
-------------------------------------------
the big question is why no one from hp, posts here to lets us now what is going on
because we bought a hp product, so they have to give us support and proper drivers
-------------------------------------------
Occasional Visitor
Anton B.
Message 55 of 58 (2,148 Views)

Hello everyone. It seems I find solutions to problem with HDA Audio bus driver, like Viktor Illeš has.

I've got compaq 6720s. First of all I try to install (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp33867). When its done I reboot my notebook and try to install SoundMax Driver (SP38529), but it said "The HDA Audio bus driver required and not found". There is one undefined PCI device with a yellow mark in Device Manager.
I try to install KB888111 and reinstall audio drivers again, but it does not help.

You must meet this situation, if you read this tread.

So, next I remember, that I don't install modem driver yet. And I can't find any modem device or any other suspicious unknown device in Device Manager.

I install this modem driver (sp36004)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...
but nothing happen :). I still don't have any modem in Device Manager.

But that driver unpack its files in folder C:\SWSetup\SP36004A on my hard drive.

Than in Device manager I choose marked PCI device, right mouse click, update drivers. Don't use Automatic install, choose path to drivers youself. You must enter folder "C:\SWSetup\SP36004A" (or where you extract drivers) like folder to search.

And miracle happen ! :)
My unknown PCI device became "Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio".

Now you can install Sound MAX audio driver (SP38529) and Modem Driver (sp36004) as usual. They fits well.

It is because audio device and modem nestet on the same Microsoft UAA bus.

I have got two additional device in Device Manager now:
SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio
Agere Systems HDA Modem.

That's all. Hope it help.

Have a nice day.
Occasional Visitor
ampiku ampiku
Message 56 of 58 (2,148 Views)

Thanks you Anton B! you really solved my problem.

Thanks you again. That error message was driving me cazy!
Occasional Visitor
akakak sdsdsd
Message 57 of 58 (2,148 Views)

hi rich..
please would u help me out ....imhaving problems in installing my sound driver..there is a unknown device with the details..."ACPI\HPQ0006\2&DABA3FF&0" ...i dont know wat it is???...
Occasional Visitor
Musa Paulo
Message 58 of 58 (2,148 Views)

Hi there! i have the same problem, please if u get an answer let me know and if i get fast i will notify u.

Great time.

Zubry
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.