Re: HP 4530s Problem with cooling system (1085 Views)
Frequent Visitor
zini4_tha_grunt
Message 1 of 7 (1,123 Views)

HP 4530s Problem with cooling system

Hi.

I've got a laptop HP 4530s p/name LH301EA.

It works pretty well, but. After I launch any 3d-grafix application (Like last games with Unreal Engine, or Crysis e.t.c.), it's cooler fan begin to swing very fast and makes  annoying noise.

The problem is, the cooler fan won't stop if I close an application and won't stop even after 30 min's pass since application has been stopped.

AIDA test shows some real high temperature for one of the sensors. About 81 deg in C.

The fan's speed can only be changed to it's normal state by laptop rebooting.

What should I do in that case? Can it be warranty issue?

P.S. Sorry for my English. Foreign country.

Regular Advisor
Cmp_Cmndo
Message 2 of 7 (1,106 Views)

Re: HP 4530s Problem with cooling system

81deg C is too hot.  The fan wil run until you find out why it's too hot.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ProBook 4530s-XU015UT#ABA, Intel Core i3-2310M, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, WDC WD3200BEKT-60PVMT0 (7200rpm), Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Frequent Visitor
zini4_tha_grunt
Message 3 of 7 (1,099 Views)

That IS the problem.

The air flow becomes chill, whole laptop chill, there is no hot or even warm spot on it. The fan noises like I have a big military heli in my room. And still 81 degrees. I rebot the laptop and there's a mirracle! The temperature becomes 50 deg. What's happenning?

Regular Advisor
Cmp_Cmndo
Message 4 of 7 (1,092 Views)

zini4_tha_grunt wrote:

Hi.

I've got a laptop HP 4530s p/name LH301EA.

It works pretty well, but. After I launch any 3d-grafix application (Like last games with Unreal Engine, or Crysis e.t.c.), it's cooler fan begin to swing very fast and makes  annoying noise.

The problem is, the cooler fan won't stop if I close an application and won't stop even after 30 min's pass since application has been stopped.

AIDA test shows some real high temperature for one of the sensors. About 81 deg in C.

The fan's speed can only be changed to it's normal state by laptop rebooting.

What should I do in that case? Can it be warranty issue?

P.S. Sorry for my English. Foreign country.

4530s is not a gaming computer.  Use something else to play your games.

You can try this fan controller, it might help.

http://www.staff.uni-marburg.de/~schmitzr/donate.html

Scroll down until you see:

newHPFanControl v0.62 built 20120617 (HPFanControl_setup.zip, 685 KB )
Final version of FanControl software for HP Probook 4530s and 4730s. Read "Instructions" document after installing the program. Share your experience here at notebook review forum

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ProBook 4530s-XU015UT#ABA, Intel Core i3-2310M, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, WDC WD3200BEKT-60PVMT0 (7200rpm), Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Frequent Visitor
zini4_tha_grunt
Message 5 of 7 (1,085 Views)

U simply don't understand the question.

I aks, why sensors shows 81 deg and forces fan to speed up. And after rebooting sensors shows normal temperature and don't forces to speed up the fan.

How the temperature of something real hot can change to cold in 20 seconds. It takes about half an hour to rise that temperature and then just a few sec to chill. Are u kidding me? This can't be happening. Not in computers.

I afraid, what if my cooling system will fail for nothing?

This is either sensor's errror or there's something else. If there any potential problem, I'd rather send it to vendor before something bad happened and I got screwed up.

Regular Advisor
Cmp_Cmndo
Message 6 of 7 (1,060 Views)

Everything you describe is normal for your laptop.

If you refuse to try the fan controller app I linked to, that is your choice.

Occasional Visitor
bercee
Message 7 of 7 (868 Views)

Hi 

I have the same probleme, the fan is too loudy, but the temperature is only 42-43 C.

Why is so loudy? What can i do?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.