HP 2740p Tablet PC - pen issues in tablet mode... (3748 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ken2010
Message 1 of 5 (3,748 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 2740p Tablet PC - pen issues in tablet mode...

My pen and touch input work great in laptop mode (super responsive - even close to the edge, etc.) but when I covert to tablet mode the finger input still works well but the pen input has issues in 3 of the 4 screen orientations.

The pen point shows up on the opposite side of the screen and draws exactly opposite (an in the opposite direction while drawing) of where I'm touching the screen - so it seems that the screen thinks I'm in original laptop mode no matter which of the other three orientations I'm in.

I also just installed the indoor/outdoor patch which has made the touch input work all the way to the edges of the screen - but it hasn't helped the pen issues I mentioned earlier.

Anyone else notice this or have any suggestions?

Occasional Visitor
ken2010
Message 2 of 5 (3,697 Views)

Re: HP 2740p Tablet PC - pen issues in tablet mode...

[ Edited ]

Well - I fixed the issue!!!

I went to uninstall/install programs under 'my computer' and uninstalled the IDT Tablet driver (it's the one from the Wacom site from 08/03/2010) and then I re-installed the HP Wacom driver from the HP site and everything works great!!!! - Both touch and pen input work in a 4 screen orientations.

So glad it's fixed!!!!

Occasional Visitor
beckmill
Message 3 of 5 (3,529 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am unable to make my pen work, except in "typewriter mode" - in other words, I write, and it converts what I'm writing to nice print. That's NOT what I want.

I bought this gadget because I instruct financial professionals in one- and two-day seminars. Therefore, I want to be able to draw on the screen, circle words, make arrows, etc. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do it.

I'm no geek, so doing what "Ken2010" did to solve his problem is totally out of the question for me. I'd sooner get a root canal without anesthesia. It would be both faster and less painful.

I'm also unable to see how to start my own Post, so that's why I'm piggy-backing on this one. Sure hope someone out there is reading and watching and can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Warren Miller

Lexington, Va.

Occasional Visitor
ken2010
Message 4 of 5 (3,494 Views)

Warren,

It's not that hard - its's just two steps...

1---go to uninstall/install programs under 'my computer' and uninstall the IDT Tablet driver

2---follow this link to install the correct driver:

Wacom Driver 3.0.7.19 from 23 Jun 2010

HP EliteBook 2740p Tablet PC- Wacom Digitizer Driver - HP Business Support Center

Occasional Visitor
cuharv
Message 5 of 5 (3,403 Views)

Hi, by uninstalling this, are you able to get pen pressure sensitivity in photoshop or other drawing applications by any chance?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.